The purpose of this Concreting Traineeship in Roma is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Concreters mix, pour, spread, finish, reinforce and cut concrete for structures such as floors, stairs, bridges, buildings ramps and footpaths.
Concreters work on construction sites, usually outside. They usually work normal business hours but can also work early mornings, evenings or weekends.
Suits those who are hardworking, physically fit and able to work independently. An interest in building and engineering is useful.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- interpreting building plans or drawings
- weighing and mixing concrete materials (gravel, sand, cement and water)
- pouring, spreading, compacting, smoothing and polishing concrete, by hand or machine
- constructing concrete form work and lay steel reinforcing
- operating trowelling machines to float, trowel and polish concrete surfaces
- forming expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers and straight edges
- installing fixtures in concrete such as anchor bolts, steel
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Concreting Traineeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.