The purpose of this Warehousing Operations Traineeship in Roma is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Warehouse Operations officers are responsible for moving and storing goods in a warehouse or storage facility. They commonly work with a team of other employees, including forklift operators, truck drivers, and other specialized workers.
Warehouse operations officers typically use a variety of equipment to fulfill their duties, including pallet jacks, hand trucks, dollies, and other tools that help them move heavy boxes and crates around the warehouse.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- preparing purchase orders
- receiving, storing and issuing goods
- managing stock levels and distributing supplies from stock
- maintaining stock records using manual or computerised systems
- preparing inventories
- finding sources of supply and obtain quotes from suppliers
- pricing incoming goods, estimating the cost of requisitions or value of stock and store articles.
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through complet
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Warehousing Operations Traineeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.