The purpose of this Fire Equipment Management Traineeship in Roma is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fire Equipment Technicians install, test and maintain fire protection equipment and systems such as extinguishers, hoses, reels, hydrants, fire blankets, exit lighting, fire and smoke doors, gaseous fire suppression systems, passive fire and smoke containment systems and foam generating equipment.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- protecting human life and property from fire damage, using fire prevention techniques
- reading and understanding complicated technical documents
- keeping up to date with fire protection measures
- analysing existing protection measures and designing up-to-date fire protection systems
- testing the ability of particular chemicals to suppress fire or performs research on existing fire prevention techniques
- conducting analysis of fire risks and develops appropriate safeguards.
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Fire Equipment Management Traineeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.