The purpose of this Fitting and Machining in Toowoomba is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Apprentices would generally be involved in:
Setting up of machinery to enable the manufacture of engineering products
repair and replacement of components, parts or other items
installation of plant and machinery
design and manufacture of modifications to existing components parts and other items
maintenance of plant and equipment, and
construction and commissioning work.
Duties may also involve the repair of shipping machinery (i.e.: winches, glands, drive shafts, turbines etc) and power station maintenance.
The apprentice would normally work in a workshop but may on occasion perform work away from the normal workplace. Apprentices involved in this type of work would work in an enclosed and well equipped workshop, use specialist measuring equipment and a range of hand tools, work from detailed drawings and be expected to use the following equipment:
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Fitting and Machining with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.