Origin has partnered with Golden West Apprenticeships for their 2023 Apprentice and Trainee Maranoa Intake. Origin is Australia's leading integrated energy company and is focused on providing employment opportunities for the communities in which they operate.
The 2023 Intake will offer multiple positions across their operating assets in the Maranoa region including:
? Electrical Instrumental and Control (Dual Trade)
? Mechanical Fitting Apprenticeship
? Water Treatment Traineeship
? Wellsite Operations Traineeship
? Telecommunications Traineeship
These opportunities will provide the successful applicants with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Electrical Instrumentation and Control (Dual Trade) Apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge required to select, install, set up, test, fault find, repair and maintain systems and devices for electrical systems and equipment in buildings and premises along with measurement, recording of physical/chemical phenomena.
As a Mechanical Fitting (Diesel Fitting) Apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge required to be involved in the repair, servicing and maintenance of machinery and equipment. You will use a wide range of hand tools and equipment such as electrical/air power tools and welding equipment whilst undertaking the role.
As a Water Treatment Trainee you will develop the skills and knowledge required to engaged in generalist water industry operations or specialisations in catchment and dams, civil construction, irrigation water supply, networks, treatment: water and wastewater, wastewater treatment or water treatment.
As a Wellsite Operations
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Origin Intake with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
To fulfil the requirements of this Electrical Instrumentation and Control (Dual Trade) Apprenticeship you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.