The purpose of this Heavy Road Transport Mechanical Technology Apprenticeship in Dalby is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Heavy Road Transport Mechanical Technology Apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge required to overhaul, service and repair the mechanical parts of road transport vehicles such as the engine, transmission (clutch, gear box and differential) and suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres). The apprentice will perform tasks including discussing problems with vehicle drivers to discover faults and carry out their own diagnosis procedures. You will also repair and service cooling systems, diesel fuel systems, air conditioning, engine forced induction systems and clutch assemblies. In addition, you will overhaul, repair and service engines, manual and automatic transmissions, air braking systems and final drive assemblies and repair and service steering and suspension systems.
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationall
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Heavy Road Transport Mechanical Technology Apprenticeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.