The purpose of this Engineering Pre-Apprenticeship Program in Toowoomba is to provide successful candidates a pathway into the Engineering industry. This course is targeted towards an apprenticeship outcome. This program includes:
• A wage from day one
• 10 weeks of PAID training at TAFE (Monday to Friday)
• 3 weeks of full-time PAID work experience
• A nationally recognised qualification – Certificate I in Engineering
• A pathway to a future career
This is a great opportunity for applicants who have a genuine desire in the engineering industry. As such, you will need to be available for the following:
- Information Session at TAFE Toowoomba from 5:30pm, Monday, 24th January 2022.
- One-hour interview on either Tuesday, 25th January or Friday, 28th January 2022.
- Complete an assessment between Wednesday, 26th January and Friday, 28th January 2022.
- Induction and Sign-up Day on Friday, 4th February 2022.
- Begin full-time paid training from Monday, 7th February 2022 until Friday, 6th May 2022.
This program runs for 13 weeks, fulltime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a participant in this program you will complete a Certificate I level qualification in Engineering, gain practical experience in real-work situations that aligns with your training, complete paid work that can be included in your resume, and receive a mix of career advice, job preparation skills and foundation skills.
- Have reliable transport.
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
To fulfil the requirements of Engineering Pre-Apprenticeship Program with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.