The purpose of this Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology Apprenticeship in St. George is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Golden West Apprenticeships and Balonne Shire Council are working together to offer a full-time Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology Apprenticeship. As a Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology Apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge to service and repair the mechanical components of passenger motor vehicles such as the engine, transmission (clutch, gear box and differential) and the suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres). You will also perform tasks including discussing problems with vehicle owners/drivers to discover faults and carrying out diagnosis procedures; and repair and service cooling systems, fuel systems, air conditioning, emission control systems, clutch assemblies, manual and automatic transmissions, braking systems, final drive assemblies, and steering and suspension systems.
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completin
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
Golden West Apprenticeships in conjunction with Balonne Shire Council are seeking motivated candidates to fill a Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology Apprenticeship, based within St. George.
To fulfil the requirements of Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology Apprenticeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.