Today is the day to take your first step towards the career of your dreams!
By applying for the 2022 Apprentice Intake, you will be first in line for new positions with our host employer partners to secure a great career sooner!
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to earn an income while gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
Roles available in Golden West’s 2022 Apprentice Intake in Southern and Western Queensland include:
Please advise upon application your preferred role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful apprentices and trainees will develop the skills and knowledge required to succeed in their chosen industry though working in a real job while you are learning and gaining exposure to real-life situations and learning how to deal with them in a mentoring environment.
You will complete on-the-job learning as well as attend college to gain a more specific practical experience, you will work with other people and receive instructions from supervisors on how to manage your time, the disciplines of being responsible for creating great work and much more.
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of 2022 Apprentice Intake with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.