The purpose of this Agriculture Traineeship in Roma is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Agriculture Trainee you will develop the skills and knowledge required to work in agricultural production at a trade-level. While undertaking the traineeship you will be required to work outside in the field. You will need to be capable of working with minimal supervision on a wide range of farming practices. You will need to have attributes appropriate to the demands of the industry, including a passion for farming, an enthusiasm to learn, a strong work ethic, the ability to manage some heavy work, and the capacity to work both individually and as part of a team. If you enjoy physical work, being close to nature, outdoor activity in varied weather conditions and have an interest in applied science then this industry could be for you.
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisati
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Agriculture Traineeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.