The purpose of this Diesel Fitting Apprenticeship in Charleville is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Diesel Fitting Apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge required to be involved in the repair, servicing and maintenance of earthmoving and agricultural machinery. The work you undertake will also involve the repair, servicing and maintenance of heavy lift vehicles and stationary plant equipment (i.e. lift motors, generator sets, etc). As an apprentice you will also perform work on engines, cooling systems, automatic transmissions, brakes, clutches, gear boxes, fuel pumps, axle assemblies and electrical equipment. You will use a wide range of hand tools and electrical/air power tools, welding equipment, hydraulic presses, cranes or gantries, tuning equipment, and lathes whilst undertaking the role.
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Diesel Fitting Apprenticeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.